1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Cab Connections

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lm183902, Aug 27, 2007.

1. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I just got an aguilar GS 112NT to add to my existing GS 112 and am embarrassed to say I don't really know the best way to hook these up.
    I'll be powering them with an Eden WT-550 and have 1 speakon cable and 1 quarter inch cable. Any Suggestions?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not familiar with the amp, but if it has 2 speaker outputs, you could connect each cab from there, or amp to cab 1, and cab 1 to cab 2. Are there Speakon and 1/4" inputs/ outputs? If so, I'd use the Speakon cable from the amp, and the 1/4" cable from one cab to the other. Hope this helps.

3. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Cool, thanks, that answers my question

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Always run separate cables from the head to multiple cabs if that's an option. When you daisy chain cabs the entire current load from the amp must travel through one cable; running parallel cables out of the amp spreads the load across both.

5. robgator

robgator Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Urbana, Illinois
    Bill's advice should be moved into the FAQ (if it isn't already).

Q. How to you connect multiple cabs to a head?

A. Always run separate cables from the head to multiple cabs if that's an option. When you daisy chain cabs the entire current load from the amp must travel through one cable; running parallel cables out of the amp spreads the load across both.

When you "gear-up" and move from one cab to 2, everyone asks this question.

RobK.