Speakers "pushing" out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jonasp, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Hey TB. I got a question for you. I bought a Nady MK-2B Wireless a while ago. it works fine and all, but i have a question about it. When i play through it, i do notice a drop in volume (and the unit is at full volume) so i turn up my amp to compensate. when i do this, my speakers push out. i know that they are subs and are built to do this, but could it be harmful/damage my speakers? any tips on reducing this if it could be hazardous?
    but heres where im confused. when i use a cable instead of the wireless at the SAME volume (bass and amp), the speakers dont push out. what do you think is the deal with this?
    if it helps, i run a spector rebop with active pickups through a bbe bmax pre and off brand power amp through an avatar 210 and 115.
  2. bump. some one must know something about this!
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Does the wireless have some sort of on board limiter or compressor? If so, you might be squashing the hell out of your notes which would explain the increased speaker movement, and depending on which frequencies are being squashed most, might also explain the the drop in volume. What happens if you back it off?

If not, then there's something very wrong with that wireless unit. I've used several different ones in my time and ALL of them had a much stronger signal that a cable when maxed out. If you're maxing it out and losing volume, something in the chain isn't right.