1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Hum, NS2A listed but the picture might be showing an American Bridge size...or, am I seeing things?

BrentSimons likes this.
  2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Back up several posts.

Torn Bassist likes this.
  3. vin088xk1

vin088xk1 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2011
    florida
    I’ll be listing my Euro Le77, very lightly used as I bought 2 other basses about the same time, as per PJ one of the last couple made and purchased through him, looking to set up my new work truck and the want list doesn’t end. PM with any interest before I list it in a couple days, Bass is in perfect condition.

4. Darren02

Darren02 Never stop the groove in order to find a note Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    e.rich, andynj65 and iceboxbass like this.
  5. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Im looking for a gold euro or usa bridge

6. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Yes, I believe these had been built in the USA shop and for some reason wound up as an overseas promotional bass

7. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Is it me or have Spector used prices sky rocketed over the past 6-12 months? I've noticed a big jump in used USA pricing and a smaller, but still noticeable jump in used Euro pricing. And this was noticed well before the Korg announcement...

Aweiss96 and iceboxbass like this.
  8. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

I find that they go in cycles, I've been buying and selling Spector basses for 20+ years, and we're currently on a upwards trend but I would expect to see prices swing back down at some point, they always do.

9. Rod Harder

I've seen a few crazy deals recently though, like the Forte 4X at Sam Ash for $1700 and a mint NS4H2 in a rare color that a SBN member just snagged for less than $1400, as well as a few recent Forte deals for well under $2k. I'd say that the Euro market is indeed a little high right now, with many Euro basses bringing near USA prices. However there are still deals to be had if you're patient and ready to buy when they come up. That's the trick, in my opinion, too often the deals happen when nobody has the $$ and they end up selling even cheaper as a result.

japhy4529, jack7265 and iceboxbass like this.
  10. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    That NS4 and NS5 look awesome!!!

gclark51 likes this.
  11. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Sad... They are already hyping Stuart's signature... Kinda knew were were headed for that after the Korg deal.

Before you know it, they'll be forging it. But let's hope not.

jack7265 likes this.
  12. Is there an estimate on when Stuart plans to retire?

13. He is already

TolerancEJ likes this.
  14. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Hey, can someone school me, what is a Euro5DLX EX? Is that what they called them before they were ReBops? I'm looking at one in black gloss zebrawood. Thanks. Rock on.

15. Rod Harder

It's most likely a Rebop 5 DLX ( bolt on with crown inlays) and the EX is indicative of the Exotic aka "EX" Zebrawood top.

bass40hz likes this.
  16. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Makes total sense, thank you.
    Rock on.

17. Aww, I thought there might be a transition period.

18. Transition period was kept in secret so now it’s all happened. Stuart was not present at NAMM this year, he went fishing instead :)

19. Vinny Tomassetti

Vinny Tomassetti

Nov 9, 2014
    Artist for: Spector, Markbass, Pigtronix, Walrus Audio, MONO & Daniel Mari Strings
    Better economy, people aren't desperate to sell. I noticed this not just with instruments this past year, but with lots of other things too that I normally get really good used deals on. People just didn't want to budge on their asking prices because they didn't have to.... & good for them! Eventually things will get stagnant & people will start selling at all different prices again, & you will always have people who don't realize what they have.

japhy4529 likes this.
  20. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    Well, good for Stuart, he’s earned it! :thumbsup: