1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    PJ has a one year contract with Korg, correct?

2. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers. Supporting Member

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Hopefully with enough of us here and on the Facebook Spector Bass Nation, we should be able to spot the forgeries pretty quick.

3. Wolf Tower 5

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    As an FYI, Sunday was NSD for me. Got an early Euro4 CR solid flamed wings. It’s not beat but well loved. Someone updated the bridge and tuners to include a D-tuner. I haven’t looked to see what preamp is in it, but I’m guessing a nontrim TP or Aguilar OBP-1. It’s very hot. Setup is higher than a 747 and there are at least 3 different strings on it. Even given all that’s wrong, the acoustic character of the bass is very similar to the NS-4. You feel the notes through the wood. The nut is standard 1.64 and the neck is not at all baseball bat thickness. Not as thin front to back as the NS-4 but not as thick as the White Euro 4LX. The volute to the back of the headstock is almost identical to the NS-4 in location and thickness. Balance is superb. Tuesday is slow at work and as long as there are no emergency add-on Heart Caths we should get out early. If new strings, setup and the 18v Haz end up bring this to NS-2 Level, I’ll break it down and ship it out to get refinished. I know there’s Wilkinson and Marty Bell, but all take all the suggestions you’ve got. I’m looking at a tobacco burst or cherry burst if I end up keeping this beauty.

As always, no pictures or it didn’t happen..........

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. ntbhoang

ntbhoang

Nov 1, 2010
    Excellent information Anton, thanks a lot for that. Do you have any idea or heard about their intent to make some promo sound/video clips for their new added lines? Looking forward for that.

anton72 likes this.
  5. Not sure about one year but yes, he’s on the contact with them now.

Torn Bassist likes this.
  6. No, as the only Eurobolt that has actually been made was the one at NAMM so I think sound demo will be made when the first production models will arrive. And as KORG USA is now arranging every promo of their line I dont know if they gonna make these demos or not. Lekely they will cause KORG potentially have more opportunities in advertising their products that former Spector had IMO.

Torn Bassist likes this.
  7. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

I have a red NS-4 CRFM and it rocks! I recently gave it to my 13 year-old daughter as she's interested in playing (given her a couple of lessons so far).

Anyway, when I was looking into possibly buying a Spector and having it refinished, PJ Rubal recommended contacting Cue with Gerhards Guitar Works in New York. I believe this is the shop Spector uses for their finishing work. Cue's email address is: cue@gerhardsguitarworks.com.

8. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Isnt that @maidenbass new bass that he is having a bunch of work done? I know he was banned recently - but i wonder whats up with him listing it so quick. Sweet bass though.

9. Darren02

Darren02 Never stop the groove in order to find a note Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Yes, he is quitting bass for a good while. Back issues and such have him pretty much done for. He wants the bass to go to someone who could actually play it :)

10. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Not bad looking as it is but this will definitely make it all yours!

iceboxbass likes this.
  11. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    SAWEET looking bass Chris! Man I’d leave it blue. Does it have chips in the finish and that’s why you’re thinking of having it refinished?

cableguy likes this.
  12. Wolf Tower 5

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Haven’t totally decided yet on the refinish. First is getting it new strings and a proper setup with some TLC to the frets and fingerboard.

it looks to have some love bumps here and there. Nothing major by any means. It’s been used but not abused if that makes any sense. I’ve always had a thing for Spectors with the Tabacco
    Burst or like Sams @LimaGuy Kramer era Cherry Burst. Either way I’m a little hesitant about upgrading the pickups and tone circuit. When I opened the back, I couldn’t believe what I saw............... it doesn’t look like anyone has touched the electronics since they were put in. It’s sooooo rare to see a bass that’s not brand new have un-touched electronics.
    0794B439-4985-4015-BF61-F62D34FC7C64.

Attached Files:

13. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    New concept. A little inside information, the concept for the new project as the Blank Earth explodes and gains light to the creation of Chroma....our Facebook is in development and will be going on line this coming weekend!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  14. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Great to get to explore the untouched preamp in its current state!

Wolf Tower 5 likes this.
  15. prue

prue Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    New York
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, DR strings
    Looking for a Hipshot Dtuner (M4 in Gold) if anyone wants to sell one.

BBG-599.

tomydacat likes this.
  16. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
  17. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

Mar 23, 2012
    NC
    Hey Spector junkies. I have a 09? legend custom with the 3 band emg B30 pre and emg HZ's. I've never liked the hz's but, the neck is one of the best I've ever played. So, what I would like to do is replace the hz with a emg 35j at the bridge and the 35P4 at the neck. Anyone know if these would be a drop in replacement? In other words would I be able to simply unplug the hz's quick connect and just plug the new ones in?

18. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    It depends on which connector the HZs have. The new pickups will come with the right wires and volume pots but you may need to solder on the pre end.

The new pickups may need different volume pots.

19. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    Missed quoting. See my reply above.

20. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Either way, the answer is No because the new, active EMG's will require power from the same battery that's powering your preamp. How you do that will depend on the current type of wiring.