Spector basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dviper, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Where is the best place for a spector to be made. I can get one from Korea or Chezc republic?
  2. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    The Czech republic basses represent one of the best investments in the bass world, IMHO, but the Koreans aren't bad.

I recommend the ReBop series.
  3. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I LOVE my czech made rebob 5.. AMAZING bass. Prolly best investment in a bass IMO.
  4. ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I LOVE my Euro 4 (Czech made) it is freakin' awesome. But I don't think Spector makes a bad bass on any level. If you have the means go for the Czech, they are supposed to be the closest to the American ones.
  5. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I just bought a Rebop 5 last week... I'll try to post a review of it tomorrow or whenever I have the time.

I also own a Korean NS2000/5 neckthru. They're both very nice basses.
  6. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    It really doesn't matter THAT much you'll get a good bass regardless.. And seriously who cares as long as you get to be in the SPECTOR club.. :bassist:
  7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I've owned all of em. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. The one I was most surprised with is my Legend 6. It is so smooth and sounds so good. The US is the US though, no denying it. I love the Czech's and the koreans. I recorded my last album with an NS2004 with upgraded active EMG's and EMG BQC preamp and I get the most compliments with the sound on that CD. Check out the samples on the website below. That might enhance your decision. The Korean neck through is the way to go if you can find one.
  8. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    You can't go wrong with any of them! But for the money I'd say the Czech basses are the way to go! They are barely indistinguishable from the much more expensive US models! :)
  9. I have a Rebop 5 for sale right nowe. I like its punchy sound, I just don't get on with the neck too well. PM me if you're interested.
  10. Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Now for a real hard question.....
    Which would be a better buy?
    1)Tribute L-2500
    2)Spector Euro Rebop 5

I have means of getting either one its just a matter of which one. also i would be able to get the Spector now, and i'd have to wait till Dec to get the Tribute
  11. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    I say Spector (just not from you know who^^ :rolleyes: ). If you get a G&L, go all out and get a US version.
  12. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    ReBop's are a wonderful, slightly different take on the traditional "Spector sound" owning to the wood (alder vs. maple) and construction (bolt-on vs. neck-though) It's nice to see them start to get the respect I've always thought they deserved, as opposed to "they're not neck-though, ergo not true Spectors".
  13. Are you referring to me there? Are you telling him not to buy from me?! :mad:
  14. Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Nickthebassist. if your Rebop 5 is just as good as the other one im lookin at and it looks just a cool and its for the same price or better than ill buy it off you. could u send some pics of the bass? side, top, angle shots, the back of the head where it shows where it was made, and a profile shot of how high the pickups jut out..please
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    D*mn! No Fair!!;)
  16. You got MSN? I could give sending by email a shot but I once tried it and it didn't work(I'm not good with computers). :crying:
  17. Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
  18. metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :hyper: I love my euro 4 string that thing kicks ass and i recently picked up a korean rex brown 4 model that i love but i am going to upgrade the pickups and preamp so either way they are great basses :D
  19. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I love my Rebops, I have a 4 and 5. I did the 18v upgrade and seriously it sounds like a $2000+ bass! They are my favorite bass because they are just so comfy to play, and the have great tone. I just picked up a Rebop 4 for under $525.00 US and it sounds and plays like a much more expensive bass, by adding a second battery it's like replacing the pre amp and pups, it sounds huge. A G&L is next on my list to get but a Spector has to be the best bang for the buck, factor in the $3 18v upgrade (do a search for info on the upgrade in pick ups) and the tone can't be touched by something in that price range.