Spector Euro LX with Darkglass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Stray_bass, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Stray_bass

Stray_bass

Jun 6, 2019
    I finally got around to getting with my electronics master and installed the Darkglass Tone Capsule into my Spector Euro and what a difference! As much as I enjoyed the Tone Pump, the versatility of the tone from the instant I plugged it in was unreal. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and what configuration they used. I'll have pictures to follow but I had the guy set it up with a concentric volume pot closest and the 3 tone pots on the outside marking High-mid, low-mid and bass going down the side. If anyone has any other recommendations to maximize the tone, please let me know!

2. AdamR

AdamR Inactive

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I'll ne ordering a tone capsule for my Euro 5 soon. What did you use for pots ? Are you still running the EMGs ?

3. Stray_bass

Stray_bass

Jun 6, 2019
    Nope, the one I have came with the Bartonlini pickups. As for pots, just a basic dual volume pot.

Attached Files:

AdamR likes this.
  4. Stray_bass

Stray_bass

Jun 6, 2019
    important side note, if you plan on doing it yourself, be warned you will need to drill the pots up to size. Doing it by hand to a 3/8th opening is tedious but won't damage the finish. I'll see if I can find a link for the one I used.

AdamR likes this.
  5. AdamR

AdamR Inactive

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I will likely have my done professionally. I'm switching from EMGs to passive Nordstrands and will need a hole drilled for the ground. I'm thinking about having a battery box installed also. Mines an early euro with no battery box.

6. PhishPhan22

PhishPhan22

Jun 23, 2020
    I have the euro with the darkglass preamp, it’s so versatile i love it! It makes the bass thump and also dynamic as all hell!