Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, May 16, 2005.

1. Haven't seen much on this bass. Anyone have an opinion. Specs look good for the price but haven't played one. I know Spector makes expensive USA made basses. How is this "cheaper" version.

2. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    i have the rebop and its the best bass ive played. the rebop is the best way to go if u have the money for it though. 950 through samash.com.

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I had a Legend 6 and aside from having too many strings for me it was a great sounding bass.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There is a review in this months BP of the Legend 4 and 5. Overall, I pretty much agree with the BP review. They are nice basses for the price. The only real fault with the 4 I had was that the treble is out of this world sizzly. If you like a P bass with flats, this IS NOT the bass for you. If you can dial out a little of the harshness with your amplifier EQ, the Legend is the real deal. The finish is nice, the bass is comfortable, and fairly versatile.

5. I generally do play with flatwounds, although my amp has enough tweek to cool the treb, but personally, I prefer the P bass sound. Thanks for the info. I haven't received my June issue yet of BP mag.