1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Legend 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, May 16, 2005.

1. Haven't seen much on this bass. Anyone have an opinion. Specs look good for the price but haven't played one. I know Spector makes expensive USA made basses. How is this "cheaper" version.

2. rynkc26

rynkc26

Sep 22, 2004
    i have the rebop and its the best bass ive played. the rebop is the best way to go if u have the money for it though. 950 through samash.com.

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I had a Legend 6 and aside from having too many strings for me it was a great sounding bass.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There is a review in this months BP of the Legend 4 and 5. Overall, I pretty much agree with the BP review. They are nice basses for the price. The only real fault with the 4 I had was that the treble is out of this world sizzly. If you like a P bass with flats, this IS NOT the bass for you. If you can dial out a little of the harshness with your amplifier EQ, the Legend is the real deal. The finish is nice, the bass is comfortable, and fairly versatile.

5. I generally do play with flatwounds, although my amp has enough tweek to cool the treb, but personally, I prefer the P bass sound. Thanks for the info. I haven't received my June issue yet of BP mag.