1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Model Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marchone, Apr 2, 2013.

1. marchone

marchone

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    Spector Forte4 vs Spector EuroLX4

Both have 9-volt circuits: Aguilar OBP-2 vs TonePump. They are the only significant differences I can find. Both can be upgraded.

Both are neck-thrus and dimensions are the same on each. The street price on each is very close.

Except for finish options why choose one over the other?

2. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    The Forte would have solid maple wings instead of maple topped sandwich wings, the fretboard would be pau ferro instead of rosewood and it would be made in Stuart's shop in NY. I have both and there's definitely a bump in quality with the US models. Head on over to the Spector Club and you'll find lots of info and a great bunch of people. Go Forte!!

3. NotTylerHendley

NotTylerHendley Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2011
    From what I understand, I think the neck shapes differ from one another. I can't say from experience, since I only own a Czech 5er. But I've heard Dan Briggs say that going from a USA to a Czech (say, for touring) is a bit of an adjustment on the hands.

4. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    The USA Forte has solid maple wings & a (not better, just) different neck profile - slightly "D" shape vs. the "C" shape on the Euro. The Forte can be ordered with the optional USA Spector 9-volt circuit (built by Haz Labs), giving you the tone & build quality of the top-of-the-line USA basses, but at a much more affordable price. The Forte is available only in black, while there are quite a few nice color options for the Euro.
    I own several USA and Euro models, and while all of them are great basses, I prefer the necks & tone of the USA models - IMHO, they have "The Sound" that one typically associates with Spector.

5. marchone

marchone

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    Thank you all very much. Great information as always!

6. The neck heel is different, too. The Forte is contoured into the body, whereas the Euro has a bit of a bump.

Euro Back:
    [​IMG]

Forte Back:
    [​IMG]