Spector String Saddles

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DenisW, Feb 26, 2006.

1. DenisW

May 5, 2002
    I have purchased a Spector Euro LX5.It has its own brand Strings on it.Which are great.They are all Tapered,except the G String.They fit very nicely in the Bridge Saddles.My question is if I want to try conventional Strings will I have to file the Saddles?.Anyone who owns this Bass might let me know please as I do not want to buy Strings that do not fit.
  2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    No, they will fit. I had a CZEC made Spector and put flatwounds on it.
  3. DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Thanks for that.I just do not want to be limited to tapered Strings.The Spector Strings are great,but I might like to try something else in the future.Would everyone stay with a Tapered B String or are conventional B Strings just as good?
  4. ive run slinkys and DR lowriders on my CZEC rebop 5 and never had a problem
  5. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I just tried to put D'Addario ProSteels (B at .130) and it would not go in. Gonna try crimping it somehow...
  6. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 2003 Rebop5 . The only conventional B strings that fit were the Roto Swing Bass and D'Addario XL's, both were .130's but had tidy wrappping at the ballend. DR's, SIT's, or Ken Smith's didn't fit. I didn't try any others. I had no problem with the E-G strings.