Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector String Saddles

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DenisW, Feb 26, 2006.

1. DenisW

DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Cork,Ireland
    I have purchased a Spector Euro LX5.It has its own brand Strings on it.Which are great.They are all Tapered,except the G String.They fit very nicely in the Bridge Saddles.My question is if I want to try conventional Strings will I have to file the Saddles?.Anyone who owns this Bass might let me know please as I do not want to buy Strings that do not fit.

2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    No, they will fit. I had a CZEC made Spector and put flatwounds on it.

3. DenisW

DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Cork,Ireland
    Thanks for that.I just do not want to be limited to tapered Strings.The Spector Strings are great,but I might like to try something else in the future.Would everyone stay with a Tapered B String or are conventional B Strings just as good?

4. ive run slinkys and DR lowriders on my CZEC rebop 5 and never had a problem

5. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I just tried to put D'Addario ProSteels (B at .130) and it would not go in. Gonna try crimping it somehow...

6. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 2003 Rebop5 . The only conventional B strings that fit were the Roto Swing Bass and D'Addario XL's, both were .130's but had tidy wrappping at the ballend. DR's, SIT's, or Ken Smith's didn't fit. I didn't try any others. I had no problem with the E-G strings.