Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector USA Bolt-on

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by incognito89x, Jun 28, 2005.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    SOLD!

Just bought this bass of another TB'er. It's an excellent bass I have to say. Unfortunately I bought two basses with intentions of only keeping one, and I had to choose the Pedulla. Therefore this one goes up for sale. It's still in mint condition and sounds great. I'll let it go for what it cost me at $1000. I really hate to have to sell this, but I just can't afford to keep it :crying:

Feel free to ask any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    WHY is this still here? A USA Spector for this money? Sheesh. I wish I had the bucks right now.

BTW, can you compare the sound to the neck-thru sound?

4. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    The only neck-through bass I've owned was a Cirrus so i can't really compare the BO vs NT on a Spector. I can say though that this is one of the smoothest basses (tone-wise) i've played. So clean and crisp. If only I could hit the lottery and keep 'er :p

(note to self, buy lottery ticket) :ninja:

5. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I play neck through Spectors, but I've played a few bolt-ons. They both sound great, but I find the nt are a little brighter and growlier than the bo. The bolt-ons are a little smoother and warm, and I'd say more versatile overall. I love my nt's, but they are really a "one trick pony" in tone. A bolt-on will let you go from a more modern tone to a more vintage tone comparitively. Just my 2 cents on the differences.
    Bump for a really nice bass at the right price!

6. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Thanks for the description :)

7. Vibrascones

Vibrascones

Apr 9, 2005
    What methiods of payment do you accept (PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.)? Looks beautiful in the pictures. Could you please send me more. Please send them at scones6@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot.

Scott Jones :hyper:

8. Vibrascones

Vibrascones

Apr 9, 2005
  9. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  10. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  11. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I just don't get it....

....why does everyone who buys this bass sell it two months later? What's the deal, yo?

Is the neck funny?
    Does it balance awful?
    Does it sound just sort of "eh"?

Like I said, I don't get it. This bass is BEAUTIFUL. Why does it get ridden like the village bicycle?

12. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I got it in a trade and then traded it. I was just testing out different basses. This is a very nice bass - very comfortable to wear. Very easy to play. I just preferred my Dingwall. This is a steal at this price. Bump.

13. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    If only I were rich :)

I saw this bass and for the price I paid I had to grab it. I saw another bass (Pedulla Rapture) for a great price and had to grab that one too. Sadly I can't afford to keep the both and though they are both excellent basses, the Pedulla's sound tickled my fancy a bit more. It's a shame because I love the look of the Spector, but the Pedulla was a bit better to me in the sound department.

Besides I go through basses as often as I change my underwear :p All in the quest for the perfect tone.

14. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    I owned this bass and traded it to Eggman. The only reason I traded it was that I couldn't adjust to 5 strings. Sounded good, balanced good, condition was excellent aside from the ding in the edge of the f'board. Oh, if it were only a 4 banger........

15. Vibrascones

Vibrascones

Apr 9, 2005
  16. Vibrascones

Vibrascones

Apr 9, 2005
    Still very interested in this bass!!!

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I got the bass from Eggman. Traded him an Elrick for it. I guess I missed the Elrick too much so I sold it to McChildree so I could buy another Elrick from TBer Mark Beam. It really is a very nice bass and considering how many times it's been bought and sold or traded it's in excellent shape. A very hot sounding bass. Somebody buy this thing and give it a home!

Or we could all chip in and buy it as a group and it could visit each of us for a month or two ;)

18. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    mmmbump

mm mm mmmmbump...

:ninja:

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses