Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Feb 14, 2006.

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    What do you guys think of the Spector REX2000/4 Rex Brown Signature 4 String Bass? Has anyone played one before? And what are your thoughts on Spector ?:)

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
  3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I have never played the exact bass in question, but I am a big Spector fan. I just got back into the bass after about 10 years off, and my choice for a new bass was a Spector Legend 4 with a bubinga top. It is a great value for the money. Very bright and snappy with good sustain.

One day, a NS2 will be mine. Oh, yes, it will be mine. :hyper:
  4. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    when i went to to gc the other day, i played a re-bop dlx 4 and was very dissapointed with that one spector. it had the worst fret job i had ever felt/seen, and i could not get a likeable tone out of it. but, i am very sure this bass was a rarity, since most other re-bops i have played had good fret jobs and sounded great. i wanted a spector(re-bop) for the longest time because one of my favorite bass players, michael todd of coheed and cambria played one, and i loved his tone, but after playing a few, i realized they just were not my thing. i still like them though, and i hold spectors in very high regard.
  5. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    i have never liked spectors. the shape is annoying. and i don't like emgs at all.

i just can never get an appealing sound.

the shape, the price, the neck. none of it does it for me. same with warwick, and most other "high end" stuff at GC.

in fact, GC sucks too. haha

sorry, just feel like complaining.

being single on valentine's day can do that :meh:

haha. theres my input.
  6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I think Spector make great basses for the money. A very heavy metal sound with those EMG pickups. Not everyone's cup of tea, but in my case I had a Spector Q4, which imho was excellent value for money.
  7. Spector's are definently not for everybody. I have a Euro 4 and I love it. But it took a while for the sound to really grow on me. I was used to the "Fender sound" and Spector is far from Fender.

I actually bought mine because I loved the feel of the neck and the looks are really stunning. I think it's one of the most solidly built basses I've ever seen.

I've only played a Rex 5, czech made, I wasn't real crazy about the B and I thought it was a little heavy. (I think they're all maple).

Is the Rex your talking about american or czech?
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses

I haven't played a Rex model Spector but I own a Czech-made NS 4 string. It's very well built, it's balance is perfect, it's neck is really nice, and it has a great sound.