1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Splitting direct out signal

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by NickFromNY, Oct 5, 2013.

  1. NickFromNY

    NickFromNY Supporting Member

    Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I want to use the direct out of my tonehammer 500 to feed the front if house but I also need a feed for my in earsz. Can i take the direct out of the head into a mic splitter and run one out to FOH and one to my iEM set up? Could i use a direct box after the direct out of the tonehammer and use that as a splitter?
  2. The best way:

  3. stonewall


    Jun 14, 2010
    you can get a signal throufgh your effects out i believe.
  4. If your amp has one, yeah, that should work. It will most likely be unbalanced, so use it for your IEM, and use the balanced DI for the feed to the FOH.
  5. Eric Moesle

    Eric Moesle Supporting Member

    Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I use a Samson S-Split mic splitter.

    I think the mic splitter is the way to go because it has ground lifts on each end. I can't tell you how many times I need to toggle through them at different venues because there is noise.

    Unpredictable, too - one time at a specific bar will be fine, the next time there's a ground buzz with theexact same gear. Go figure.
  6. Sampson site says it's discontinued.
  7. Eric Moesle

    Eric Moesle Supporting Member

    Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    There are other similar brands that do the exact same thing. Just make sure its one that has grounds lifts and isolates the sends.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.