Squeaky Whammy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by musicmansf, Dec 31, 2007.

1. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well, I did a search for this, but only two irrelevant threads came up. Just bought a whammy, and it seems that he treadle is extremely tight or something rubbing against something isn't lubed correctly, any suggestions?? Its not terrible, but for being 5 days old seems vicarious...

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    WD-40.

3. Vicarious -Undergoing or serving in the place of someone or something else:bag: :D

Anyhow, my bass whammy does this - I just live with it because I really can't hear it over the amp.

4. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Bleh, buying additional crap on a college budget sucks, I think I'll live with it until it goes famously "DigiTech" on me...

5. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    i actually just tore down and rebuilt my whammy due to a broken input jack. Anyway, you could open it up and lube it but it has (or should have) nylon washers that ride between the pedal and the bolt head and nut that run through the pivot. That is all that controls tension and could be causing the squeak. Back the nut off and see what happens. I think its a 7/16s on both sides.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021