1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Pickguard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Krice818, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Krice818

Krice818

Sep 22, 2008
    is it possible to fit a fender american standard p-bass pickgurad onto a squier affinity series p bass? ............the pickguard i want has 13 holes and the one i have has 14.

2. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    common problem. trying buying an uncut pickguard and drilling pilot holes yourself

3. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Where do you get an "uncut" pickguard? I assume you're meaning a pickguard that is shaped but undrilled and I'd be interested in knowing where you get these. Or are you talking about buying PG material and starting from scratch?

4. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    either/or

5. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    i also mean a pickguard that has not been circumsized

6. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    I was able to fit a 10-hole anodized gold (aluminum) guard onto an SX (with random import hole arrangements). Plastic is sufficiently more malleable.

You can buy (expensive) custom pickguards online without the holes or to your specs...but it's a Squier. Drill some holes, man! :D

7. Anonymous Guy

Anonymous Guy

Jul 28, 2008
    I ended up filling the 14 holes in my P-Bass Special and drilled new holes for the 13 screw pickguard.

Newer Squiers don't have this problem, as they use the 13-hole pattern these days.

8. Nerevar

Nerevar

Jun 10, 2008
    Halifax, NS
    I also had this problem, although I brought it home and opened the package, took off the old one, and saw how nice it looks, and it didn't fit. You would think it would be cheaper to get one without holes, but it sounds like it's more expensive, since it's "custom." I guess I'll need to look for a squire one, or "custom."

9. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Just drill the new holes where they are needed. Its only a Squire bass after all.

10. mkbass84

mkbass84

Nov 9, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    ditto, it's only a squier, man! Here's what I did to mine, before & after:

Attached Files: