1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stacking boost/OD/dist/fuzz...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by taylor16, Dec 22, 2016.

1. taylor16

taylor16

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    I've always preferred the tone of boost/OD/distortion/fuzz pedals in isolation. I tend to always have "something" on, be it a Southampton Fifth Gear or SolidGoldFX Beta or Fuzzrocious Rat King but never stacked on top of each other. I've read about people stacking something like the Fifth Gear > OD or fuzz and having good experiences with their tone. To me, and perhaps it's how I do it, it tends to get muddy and indistinct.

If one was to go boost > OD, do you drop some of the gain in the boost so that its effect is more subtle than what you'd do alone? I usually have gain/heat 2/3's up- Thought I'd ask how others stack: boost>OD, OD>OD, etc...

2. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    I can't help, except to bump it up :D

3. Honestly there is no right, wrong or best, it is all which gets the result you want. I have mine set in five stages gain, fuzz, gain, overdrive and overdrive from barely warm to complete chaos and feedback.

4. Only time I have stacked was mini 66 OD with clean blended in into aftershock normal heavy setting ( hadn't played with neuro app yet ) - it had low punch mixed with the raw big muff sound with pretty high gain and feedback almost instantly. Should have edited it slightly with the neuro to put noise gate on the setting.

5. My weapons of choice used to be an Xotic BB into an EHX BBM in dry mode..
    Now I'm experimenting like all of y'all
    GOOD LUCK !!!!!

loopee likes this.