1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stage Name

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by TheMarkV, Apr 14, 2015.

1. TheMarkV

TheMarkV

Feb 23, 2009
    PA
    So, I do a bit of a solo act with loops and things, and I also do beats and help some friends make beats. But I was trying to come up with a stage name and I would like to go with "M Tones". The only problem is that there is a small guitar manufacturer that is already called "M Tone Guitars". Is that a problem? Like is it a bit of a social no-no for me to choose a name so similar or should I just go ahead with it? I don't see it being an issue but I don't want to trample any toes so to speak.

2. Not really. My nick name my friends gave me when I was younger was P-bear. Because I'm big and white as heck like a polar bear. Not a single bear ever tried to sue me. Lol

Seriously though and name wether it's a solo thing or a band name if they aren't on iTunes Amazon and stuff like that you really have no worries. Even then you can change the spelling and be fine. There's a band that's been around for a while called "fields of the nephilim. Our band name is nephilym. We're on iTunes and everything no issues

3. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    If I ever get really famous I might get an unlisted number, but I'll always keep the name my parents gave me. I'm not a band, so I don't need a stage name.

4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

My name is so generic that there are six pages of me in a four page phone book. No stage name needed.

tfer likes this.