1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stance/bow technique

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by flowinowen, Sep 29, 2010.

1. started the eccles sonata in g minor for a recital piece only to find out my stance as a whole and right arm need lots of adjustment. my teacher has been harping light bowing on the strings, which ive been working on. next comes the stance. Ive been playing with the end pen pretty high up (about ten inches out) with the back side of the bass at an angled rest on me. any suggestions out there for improvement??

2. If you want any help at all on that from the net, you're going to have to post pictures or (better) video of yourself playing.

This is the kind of thing an in-person lesson is most valuable for.

3. Andrew Grandahl

Andrew Grandahl

Sep 11, 2007
    Boston
    Ten inches out for the endpin seems mighty far. Where does the nut of the bass come up to on you?

4. Once again, the Andy Anderson videos are a big help.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021