Stand-alone CD burner?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by iamthebassman, Jul 12, 2005.

1. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Does someone make a CD burner that I can plug my 8-track digital recorder directly into? Run the L/R analog outs straight into a CD burner, not hooked up to a computer.
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I dont know of a device like this. Most standalones are capable of being plugged into a computer via USB or some other connection for this type of operation. I dont know of any CD Burner that has analog inputs like that. There might be some out there, but they would be very old and out of date models Id think.

Actually, a friend of mine has an old CD Burner that will do that, but I dont know what it is, brand or model wise.

Out of curiosity, why? Seems better to use a computer to create the files and burn a master. Then use a standalone duplicator to make your copies.
  3. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    There are plenty of models that do this, but before I go into it you may find that buying a burner for you computer and getting a free version of a stereo recording/editing software may be cheaper. But here you go anyway.

HHB Burn it There is also a burnit Plus that has a bit more exstensive, rhymes with expspensive :D I/O. Good units though.

Alesis Master Link Love this thing. Its a burner with a hard drive, record in your mix, then burn it down. Also has a hi-rez mode, nice for seding higher rez mixes to master.

Or just look at all of these:Sweetwater CD Players/Recorders
  4. Mzeke

Jul 20, 2005
    Pikesville, MD
    If you're still looking for a CD burner, you might want to check out the Marantz CDR420.

Hope this helps.