1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Standalone IR Loader?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by verstft, Dec 16, 2017.

1. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Any software IR loaders that have standalone real-time monitoring? So far Cab lab 3 is the only one that I found that seems to have that feature.

I've been running into some issues with MixIR2 so I'm seeing what's out there in 2017.

2. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Use any convolution reverb plugin that allows you to load external IRs. I’m primarily a Logic user so I just pull up an instance of Space Designer, but any convolution reverb plug should do the trick.

3. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    If I'm not mistaken Reaverb from Reaper can do that, download it (it is free) and play around with it.

4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Poulin LeCab. You can load 6 IRs simultaneously. Switch between them easily or use them in series.

5. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    Yes I forgot about that one, nice little piece of free kit. :)

6. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Thanks guys. I was looking specifically for soft that was standalone for real-time monitoring, not VST's. Cab lab can be round direct to your sound interface for live monitoring.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Savihost can turn a vst into a standalone
    SAVIHost

I use it all the time to audition vst and vsti

At the same site is vsthost which is a lightweight vst host, and does great midi

Chainer is another great option
    Chainer

Steinberg has a free host also.

verstft likes this.
  8. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Thanks for the recos. I'm on a MAC, but did a little research and as you guys pointed out, a super light VST host was the ticket. I got this free vst called MiniHost.
    I was worried about latency but at 48k with a small buffer, I get virtually no latency or sound artifacts.

I love the UA console but the lack of gate and IR support was driving me nuts.

Now I can practice through my Tone Hammer DI and run it through a DB115 cab IR with virtually no delay!

seamonkey likes this.