Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Standard Notation on the net

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Jen, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Jen

Jen

Dec 23, 2003
    Australia
    Hey there! I'm new to the bass and I have been informed by many that although tabs are fun and provide some good motivation to keep persevering (because you can play things you know easily), if I want to really play bass (esp. jazz bass) I need to play a lot by standard notation.

I already play a few other instruments so I can read the music and I intend to go out a purchase some books and sheets. What I really want to know is whether there is a decent source on the net for standard notation? Tabs are available by the dozen but I wasn't sure if you could find anything else out in the wide blue yonder... :confused:

I also wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this... but since there was no "Standard Notation" forum I figured this was the closest I was gonna get!

Cheers

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

3. Jen

Jen

Dec 23, 2003
    Australia
    Thanks so much! Those links were all exactly what I was looking for. (And I've also discovered a host of other interesting bass stuff along the way!) :)

Cheers!