1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

starting luthier

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sharp8874, Aug 4, 2012.

1. sharp8874

sharp8874

Jan 10, 2011
    hi all so i've built a few instruments (3):bag: a bass a guitar and a ukulele. the problem is i want to start making more instruments to sell and i have no clue where to put them up at. ebay? craigslist? TB? so could i possibly get some suggestions and also where could i put up an ad offering custom makes as well?

thanks!

2. monti2889

monti2889

Jul 19, 2012
    Start you own website, for your work...(buzzard bass is an example), from there you can talk to local music stores that deal with used instruments and maybe work out a deal with them, that you could do setups and simple repairs. You may be able to work out a deal with the retailer, to allow you to put a few of your products on their shelves; ie mandolins, guitars, whatever you decide to make. They will usually work out a consignment price where they would still make 8% or so.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    ness. Lots of basic info online.

Why would someone buy your bass rather than someone else's?

Check out Terry's 150 bass threadand her website. She has links to over 850 builders.