Steinberger Bridge Part wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Steinyman_Oz, Sep 3, 2005.

1. I have a 4 string XQ model with the original Steinberger bridge, and I have broken the E-string claw and am after a replacement. I was putting a new string on and it was slightly shorter than normal (don't know why as they should all be standard lengths??) and when tuning up, it seems it either put too much pressure on it, or it was putting pressure in the wrong place, it snapped across the bottom and is non-repairable. :crying:
    Anyone able to provide a replacement to Melbourne, Australia?
    I have had some suggestions - eg MusicYo - out of stock.

Either reply here or email me if you like :help:

Cheers, Andrew
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I recall a shop called "Peekamoose" somewhere in New York City. Carried a lot of aftermarket / replacement Steinberger components.

3. Thanks for the tip. I have sent Peekamoose an email. They state on their website that they are not a replacement service for spare parts etc and refer to MusicYo. But I am on a waiting list on MusicYo as they are not expecting parts until sometime next year. Sending my bass to New York for repairs and back to Melbourne would be a very costly exercise... Oh well, I will see what Peekamoose have to say.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well, I hate to do this since I've not heard any good things about the guy, but I was looking for Steinberger parts yesterday, and the only place I found that has a lot of Steiny parts is Ed Roman Guitars in Las Vegas. Not having any dealings with the guy, I don't know if he's as bad as everyone says he is, but even Steinberger itself puts on their website that he's questionable. They also say that you'll pay through the nose for any parts you buy from him, and that I've found out to be absolutely true. But if you really need a part badly, he's about the only game in town right now.
  5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Have you tried any of the Steinberger owners' sites? I recall seeing a list of available parts, sources, etc.

Good luck

6. Thanks for that, I had not thought about private owners etc. Will check it out. Cheers, Andrew
  7. Anyone know how much I should be expected to pay for a used complete 4-string bridge? I am unable to compare prices as there aren't any available on the market. (USD please) But I have an opportunity to purchase one. :meh: