Steinberger (Spirit) Owners

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by GoBeavs68, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I just picked up a used Spirit XT-25 and love it, but the bag is falling apart and super thin.

Is there a known semi rigid soft case option like what Kiesel offers from Gator or another company?

2. Try headless USA, they sell gig bags that fit the spirit bass

3. I’ve seen those but they don’t look much like an upgrade from the stock bag. Are they pretty decent?

4. I’m not sure, just a suggestion.
    Good luck with your search.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Central Texas
    Look for a Synapse gigbag, they’re much nicer than the Spirit ones and fit XTs perfectly.

6. tarzanalog

tarzanalog

Apr 14, 2008
    Bump for additional suggestions... I'm also looking for a quality gigbag or case. Cross-linking to this post for those that are also looking re: an option available from Music Zoo.

edro likes this.
  7. murmur70

murmur70

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    Some people use rifle cases for them.

danesdad and Slater like this.
  8. tarzanalog

tarzanalog

Apr 14, 2008
    I am reluctant to do that for the reasons mentioned in other threads... being perceived as a possible active shooter... and also for a general unwillingness at this point to support the gun industry in this country in any way, but thank you for the suggestion! BTW - I had a Sting bas for awhile... great feel that one!

mrmxyzptlk and murmur70 like this.
  9. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    You want a gig bag from Ritter for the headless bass. I have this for my headless and it's the most rugged bag I've owned. Takes a few weeks to get to the US from Germany but worth the wait! P.S. Those dual straps are a life saver when you're walking miles through airport terminals or other travel paths.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/ritter_rgs7_headless_bass_mgb.htm

10336594_800.jpg 10336604_800.jpg

10. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    A hard shell rifle case would make an excellent carrying case. It would be protective and far less expensive than a hard shell case made for a guitar. As far as supporting the gun market, most (but not all) rifle cases are made my companies that don't make guns. Besides, why are you down on the gun companies? You should be down of the FBI and the cowardly police departments. If you saw me in public, and beat me to death with your Steiny, should we be upset at Gibson? I don't think so.

Evil Funk likes this.
  11. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    BTW, if anyone does get the urge to beat me to death with a Steinberger bass (a proposition that doesn't seem all that unreasonable given their shape) I'd like you to use an L2. They would probably make better weapons anyway. You could bash my head in, then go play a gig without even having to retune.

JeffJ2112 likes this.
  12. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Heh. Hey, I bet you can get a really nice gig bag cheap from the NRA with a huge NRA logo on it! Their store sells quality stuff. Allows you make a political statement as well as play bass! I"m sure price will be right. Hey, I bet if I explain the situation to Wayne, he'll cover the cost for you for your endorsement! In my case. I got my Spirit used and it came in this little guitar-sized hard case. Really nice. I don't know if it was factory or who made it. I wonder if a guitar case could be modded to fit?

mrmxyzptlk likes this.
  13. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    In this day and age, I wouldn't recommend anything with NRA on it (even tho, again, blaming them for the tragedy is like blaming your silverware for being overweight). I know you could get a slick rifle case that would work. I have several right now that costs about 20 bucks that would be ideal. I'd look into it if I were you.

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Central Texas
    Enough.

edro and gebass6 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.