steinberger xl2 & 2 acme low b1 cabs stolen

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by chris_nairn, Apr 20, 2008.

1. chris_nairn

chris_nairn

Feb 14, 2007
    I was dumb and left them in my car last night. They were stolen in Dallas, TX. Serial # on the bass is 2272. Serial #s on the speakers are 02c102 and 02c108. If anyone can help I would be very pleased. I have had that bass for 20 years.

2. got a better description? pics? where were they stolen from (part of town) I live in Dallas and will keep an eye out !!

3. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    My Steinberger XL2 was stolen out of my work van back in 1992. I was so pissed. I loved that bass! I ve since been looking to replace it but went with a Status Headless instead. Great bass. Good luck getting yours returned to you. Take care DM

4. chris_nairn

chris_nairn

Feb 14, 2007
    No, I don't have pics of mine but it looks like all the rest. It was in great shape. The EMG logos were faded quite a bit but the Steinberger logo was still perfect. It was stolen in a part of Dallas known as Little Forest Hills which is walking distance to the Arboretum and White Rock Lake. If you can keep an eye out I would appreciate it. The serial # again is 2272.

I ordered some new speakers from Acme and Andy says if anybody calls and inquires about my old ones he will report them and let me know. I only care about the cabs from a monetary point of view. The bass has 20 years of sentimental value as well has being worth a good bit of money.

5. chris_nairn

chris_nairn

Feb 14, 2007
    Why don't they stick to stealing Fenders? No offense to Fender owners!

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    fenders get stolen like everything else, but why bother telling people to keep an eye out for a (insert generic looking fender here)? they are all over the place. sucks that stuff was stolen :(

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021