1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stellah or GFS pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rokoko, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Rokoko

Rokoko

Nov 30, 2008
  2. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
    I've used GFS pups on guitars and have been very pleased with them. I haven't used the bass ones, but assuming they're similar in quality.

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The Stellah is listed 7.83K Ohms, so its not wound like a real P bass pickup. The GFS is listed at 10.4K, so that's about right.

The Stellah might be better suited if used with a J at the bridge, or if you want a brighter tone.

I have no experience with either pickup.

4. Just finished a project bass with GFS pickups, one P and one J. They sound great. I have a GFS MM style humbucker in another bass. Also had another P bass I sold with a GFS pickup. IMO they are a great deal. I will probably never buy another brand after finding GFS.

5. Pillgrimm13

Pillgrimm13

Sep 29, 2009
    queensbury ny
    i used a stellah mm and a j in a bc rich revenge warlock i modded. i thought ide just get some cheap pups to put in a cheap bass for a beater but when i pluged it in the sound was jaw dropping! the stellah pickups were way better than stock with lots of low end growl and bright clear snappy highs and they had alot of defination and harmonics under heavy distortion. actually got a better sound then ive had with passive bartolinis and some dimarzios.

i never imagined they would be a good set especially for that price but im a believer now. kinda kicking myself for wasting money in the past on big name pups that just didnt pan out or got muddy with distortion.