1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sterling sub vs peavey fury,the right choice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daveyo, May 10, 2019.

1. daveyo

daveyo

Nov 6, 2013
    Getting my peavey fury on Tuesday,but wondering if I made the wrong decision and second guessing myself ,wonder if I should have gone with the SUB?
    Darn it
    Dave

2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    If it's a USA Fury it's a fine bass, P bass killer imho. I'm not a MM fan in general the pickup placement kills it for me.

Maxdusty likes this.
  3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I own a US Peavey Fury and have owned four SUB basses. Currently own a Sterling Ray34 and an EBMM SUB Ray.
    In any case, the US Peavey Fury is a great bass- the neck is awesome on it. Traded my MIM Fender P bass and kept the Fury as it was the better P-bass between the two. Not quite up to the US Fender P Bass level but equal to or better than the MIM imo. You can get a SUB any day of the week, it's harder to find the US Peavey Fury basses so you made the right choice in my opinion as long as everything works on it.

4. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Well, they are different animals from the POV of the inherent sound of the pickups. Fury is going to be P-bassy (unless you got one of the earliest models with the super ferrite pickups) while the SUB is going to have that Music Man sound (and active not passive I assume). So two different beasts.

Furies are well respected but don't expect it to sound like a SUB, or vice versa.

5. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    The USA Fury pbasses are amazing! I own a sub 5 string and love it and also own a korean peavey fury iv which is also amazing. The Fury IV has active pickups and EQ which work great and the 4 string neck is fast. I have heard from others that the 5 and 6 String active Fury basses are not so great with bad reviews on the low B. Let us know how you make out!

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I've always thought the Fury was one of the best Peavy basses made.
    True?

7. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    In light of Peavey high marks like the USA Cirrus and Millennium I'd say no.

However I think they're very nice and still represent the best price and value you're ever likely to find in a USA made bass.

kodiakblair and jd56hawk like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021