Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen Bass Alert !!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by joetiii, Feb 29, 2004.

1. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    My G&L Climax bass was enroute to a new owner and it was conveniently "misplaced" by UPS in their Sacramento transfer station. It's been over 3 weeks since lost so I'm considering it stolen at this point.

please keep a look out for a G&L single MFD Bass with Blue swirl (bowling ball) finish. Rosewood board. It was shipped with a white pickguard which may or may not be on it at this point. :bawl:

2. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    did you insure it?

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    have you contacted UPS at this point? They have a fairly efficient method of finding packages that get lost.... you might want to call your local UPS terminal, or wherever you were when you dropped it off...

P@

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    We have a forum for stolen instruments in the classifieds section.

Hopefully if you post there someone will notice it.

Peace
    Nick

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    As a matter of fact, I'll move this over there now.

6. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    I've gone thru the whole routine with UPS. Spoken to at least a half dozen claims reps. The tracers and searches have all been done but no results.

thanx for posting in the stolen axe forum.

I sure hope somone spots it. It's pretty unique. serial number is B063215 and its one of 12 registered over at guitarsbyleo website

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I live here in Sacramento, I will keep a look out for it when I visit any music or pawn shops. If you have a pic, can you post it. Also do you have the serial #.

8. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    the serial number is B023615

It was sent with the pickguard unattached

:help:

I will pay a reward !!!!