Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

STOLEN: Bass, amp & cabinet

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by pernicious1, Jun 12, 2005.

1. pernicious1

pernicious1

Jun 12, 2005
    I am a victim of theft from someone I thought was a trusted friend. He and his "band" made off with my BC Rich Wave 4 string bass, Ampeg B25B 2X15" bass cabinet, and Traynor Monoblock II bass amp head. The bass is maple neck-thru with mahogany sides and P-bass pickups. It is an NJ series and was purchased in the early '80's. The last known destination of this equipment was Tenessee, but could be back in California by now. What I really want back is the bass, as it now can only be replaced through BC's custom shop. If anyone has any info or needs more info, please don't hesitate to e-mail.

I no longer have the serial numbers for my equipment and, no doubt, it is long gone and been sold already. The guy I lent my gear to was trying to get into the country scene, He and his band allegedly had a recording deal as a back-up band for a new artist and were bound for either Memphis or Nashville... I don't recall which. This was some time ago. I have tried to track him through relatives, but they claim they haven't spoken with him and don't seem to anxious to do so. I will not post his name here, but will respond to e-mail. Thanks

2. It might help if you posted the serial number for the bass and amps if they have one. That sucks about loosing gear to people you "trusted," I had my bass head stolen about a year ago to a band i "trusted."

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Yes- the more details you can give, the better. Where are you located? What is this band's name?

Good luck, man. Stolen gear sucks. :(

4. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    well check e-bay regularly for that bass amp and cabinet that's about all i could tell you and as mentioned before a serial number would be really helpfull and also colors or any distiguishing marks would be good to know

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    You mean you lent this guy your gear, he hasn't returned it and has now disappeared with it without letting you know his whereabouts, right? How long ago was this? Any other people in your mutual circle who he may be in touch with? I don't really know what you can do, I suspect the police wouldn't be interested in this as they wouldn't see it as theft, just not giving back loaned stuff (I don't see it that way, I should add - I call it theft).

It must be really hard for someone to just disappear from their own neighbourhood (you said he has local family) completely though, never to return. Soemthing tells me you will at some time be able to contact this guy - I'd sure think hard about what you say or do to him.

6. Bibleman

Bibleman

Jun 16, 2006
    Dude, that totally sucks :(

I think I may have the same model Bass you had though.

Neck through, Amber finish, NJ Series.

I'm sure this one isn't yours though (bought it back when I was 16, and I'm 30 now),

But out of curiosity, how much did you pay for yours?

(BTW, I;ll understand if it's too painful to talk about:(