1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen: Carvin SB5000 (Houston)

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by evilbiscuit, Mar 2, 2015.

1. evilbiscuit

evilbiscuit

Jul 21, 2010
    Had someone come into our gated parking garage and go to town on several cars over the weekend, mine being one of them. I had made the irresponsible decision to leave my bass in the floorboards after my Saturday night gig, as I had church the following morning. The one night, right?

Anyway, here's the particulars - I've been tearing my apartment apart trying to find where I wrote down the damn serial, because I can't find it anywhere.

Carvin SB5000
    White
    Tort pickguard
    Stainless steel hardware
    Maple neck
    Birdseye fretboard
    mother-of-pearl inlays
    Duncan straplocks
    Brown Levys guitar strap

Imgur

If you take a close look at the bridge, you'll notice the adjustment screw for the A saddle is missing. It's been this way for as long as I've owned the bass. You can also see that the bridge pup volume pot is missing a mother-of-pearl cap. I have the cap sitting on my table, in anticipation of being glued back on. One thing not pictured here: there is a small 1"x1.5" American Flag sticker adjacent to the bridge.

I'll be combing ebay, craigslist and the pawnshops for the next few months I'm sure, but if anyone sees a pretty white Carvin floating around, kindly throw me a line, yeah?

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I hit then pawn shops a lot in my area, what part of town was it stolen in?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021