1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Sadowsky MV5

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by lupien, Oct 25, 2010.

1. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Hi,

EDIT: Bass was recovered 4 years later!!

My bass was stolen October 14th:mad: I posted details and pics of it in the Sadowsky Club thread but figured this place would probably be better as not everybody goes in the Sadowsky thread.

Its a 2008 MV5 in 59' Sunburst with maple fingerboard. 5 string of course. Serial number is M2486. It was in a Fender hardshell case with the red lining inside.

Here are some pics.
    SadowskyMV5008.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. bass12

bass12 A very hungry caterpillar Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    That sucks. People who steal instruments deserve to be... well, you get the idea. I live in Montreal and, while I haven't visited a pawn shop in ages, if I see someone with a bass like yours I'll definitely inquire as to the details of the instrument (you don't see many Sadowskys around here so the odd time I do see one I take note of who the owner is).

3. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks man. I`ve called several shops in Montreal too to let them know. With people like you keeping an eye out for it, it should eventually pop-up somewhere.

Thanks

4. beam2611

beam2611

Jan 14, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm in Montreal as well, and I'm shopping around for a new bass, so I'll keep an eye out for your bass. I've Been gigging a lot in Ottawa in the last few yrs... did it get stolen on a gig or @ home?

5. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks.

It was stolen right from my office where I work.. We have an office band and it was a day we had practice. I brought the bass in at 9 and by 5 it was gone. There was alot of construction guys in the building that day so I assume 1 of them snagged it on the way out...but its impossible to know who.

6. Really sorry to hear about this...

I will definitely keep my eyes open and I'll pass along a link to this thread to my other local musician friends.

Good luck - hope your bass turns up!

7. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks Joe!

Whats nice about having done trades and what not with a bunch of gear junkies in Ottawa, like yourself..lol, is that now they are all telling me they will keep an eye out for me which is awesome. Its good to know that if this bass ever pops up online or in pawn shops that at least one of us will spot it.

8. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    4 years later I got my bass back! Saw a picture of a guy with it online and after a friend of mine investigated a little further to confirm it was my Sadowsky the police were contacted and they recovered the bass! Its got a few nice little thinks but otherwise still in great condition (minus serial number scratched off).

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021