1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Washburn XB 925; Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by aelfric, May 9, 2010.

1. aelfric

aelfric

May 9, 2010
    Hello all:

Until Recently, I played a beautiful Washburn XB925. I've had it for 11 years and through many bands..

It was stolen from me on Friday May 7, so if any of you see an xb925 with a natural finish, gold hardware and a birdseye maple top on the market, I would love a PM. I have the serial number and have filed a police report.

This bass has a great deal of sentimental value, and I'm hoping to recover it. Naturally, there would be a reward for finding it.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your bassing. I will be hoping to rejoin the active musicians shortly (as soon as I can get my bass back).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    I'll keep an eye out for it, I'm always on the Austin CL and in the pawn shops around town. From what part of town did it get stolen? if you filed a police report they should have a hard time pawning it...

3. aelfric

aelfric

May 9, 2010
    I appreciate it. It was stolen in North Austin, about 3 miles from the Burnett road guitar center. I did file a police report, which includes the serial number.

It was two kids 17-19 years old that stole it from our home. One white, one hispanic, both with prior criminal records. One was arrested with a stolen pistol and is in jail.

Unfortunately, this means the other knows we're on to him. I THINK I saw him trying to dump one of the laptops he stole from us on craigslist this week, so he might be trying to dump the other property soon as well.

We've called every pawnshop in Austin and every music store; music shops that buy and sell used goods are NOT required to report the serial #s to the police, though pawns are (of course I've gotten the feeling there are some pretty seedy pawns out there).

Anything you find will be appreciated there will be a modest reward for information leading to the recovery of the bass.

Thanks for looking out for it!

4. fintanbk

fintanbk

Jan 20, 2010
    Co-Founder, dbTwang.com
  5. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    No luck yet friend, I have a pic of it saved on my phone for when I'm out at the shops. Was at some pawn shops today and monday but nothing... did see a sweet Warwick at the Cash America on South Lamar though.