1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stoner/Doom Bassists 51: Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Corey Y, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
  2. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    only stepped on a squier...

That last thread went by quick...How far away from the Lakland thread for being the thread with the most parts?

3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    This thread is "Heavy"!

4. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    They're 679 posts after being on thread #61 for about 3 months. So we should lap them in...a month tops? About the time the Dunwich tour box gets to me should be when I re-up my gear loan, so you can expect a big posting surge this summer.

5. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ
    Sub'd... Hopefully I don't get lost in time on this thread... Good thing we're coming up on the weekend when everything tends to slow down around here...

6. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Heeeerrrrrreeee!!

Really digging this Bongripper Weezer video

7. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Since it's slow, maybe you guys can give me some feedback on a craft project. I'm going to start working on making a faux aged leather tome this weekend. One of the things I want to do this year is make a Lovecraftian style codex, for fun. So this is kind of my first practice run, just making a static prop that I might turn into a functional box or something after I'm done.

I'm trying to decide how to decorate the front cover. Going over ideas for themes...occult grimoire, alchemist's journal or steampunk style time machine manual? It's probably going to have an embossed style symbol and maybe a gold leaf title.

8. Anyone else dizzy from that time shift?

9. dcarwin

dcarwin

Feb 11, 2013
    How do I sign up for dunwich pedal tour?

10. Who was talking about Bigfoot movies?

You left out Night of the Demon. How the **** did you manage that?! Come watch this on VHS with me. Rare as dick and can be expensive as hell.

11. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Wait, Ron posted it? I must have missed it.

12. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Don't worry, that will pass...after the 24 straight hours of projectile diarrhea.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
  14. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

15. dunwichamps

dunwichamps Commercial User

Jul 23, 2012
    Owner: Dunwich Amps
    i will let people know how soon

16. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Holy shizz that last thread went by fast!

I can`t remember who posted those 2 links to the classifieds but I wish I wouldn`t have looked. I`ve been GAS`ing for a 70`s Gibson G-3 for a while now and seeing one up for sale isn`t helping anything. That new EB for sale looks pretty interesting too.
    I tried to cure my GAS for Gibsons by snagging a new Explorer bass a few months back. It didn`t work. That`s not to say that I don`t love my Explorer,I do. I`m just addicted to buying gear.:help:

I just cleaned up my apartment and dusted off my 2 115`s and that SVT solid state head. I have `em nicely stacked now and was all set to annoy my girlfriend by d!cking around with the 810 and 215. BUT I just noticed one big problem. I don`t have any speaker cables. Damn it.

Anyone want to recommend some speaker cables that have a good mix of quality and low price? What kind of gauge should I go with? Does it matter?

One last thing, anybody here use a multiple guitar/bass rack? Something that could hold 5 to 7 basses? I don`t need it to be road worthy,it`s just going to stay in my house.

17. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Part 51? CANT STOP WONT STOP.

18. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Wow, this is awesome and hilarious.

Also, bass tone remains great.

19. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Change, I have a couple of the Warwick 7 guitar stands. They work pretty great and have good padding so nothing gets dinged up.

Mine look a little rough as I've had them since I was in high school, but they still work great.

20. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Sartori! That's my 78' Pbass into my modded up 84' whiteface Rat. Came out really gnarly, fun times.