1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stools for 5ft 3 bass player??

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by LadyBass88, Feb 11, 2013.

1. LadyBass88

LadyBass88

Feb 11, 2013
    Hi guys been rattling my brain all day trying to find a stool for the shorter players. Wondering if anyone on here has any ideas? need one asap. I thought adjustable would be the best options and dont really have a huge amount of cash atm.
    Hope you can help
    Thanks
    :help:

2. Go to your local thrift shop or garage sale and buy a cheap wooden stool. Then cut the legs down to the needed size. I've got a couple of stools around the house that I picked up for this reason, and they were all either free or less than $10.

3. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Drum stool?

4. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
  5. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bed, Bath and Beyond has some inexpensive lightweight folding stools that might work.

6. Oh, that sorta stool :eek:

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I wish they made a taller folding stool. I bought a standard folding stoll from Walmart for $10. It's ok but I want something bar stool height that's foldable to fit in my trunk.

8. Totally agree! I had that inexpensive, even padded, stool. Super lightweight too. I wish it would grow a few inches!

9. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    The thing about "bass" stools is they are expensive because of the limited market. If you can find something suitable which is designed for another purpose you save big bucks. If you are short or sit low then check out the drum thrones at your local big box music center. I don't know if they have these in North America, but this is an "ironing chair" which costs as little as ten bucks. Highly adjustable for height, but you have to rig a footrest in most cases.

t53-stehhilfe-sitzhilfe-stehsitz-buegelstuhl-hocker-stuhl.

10. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    That's in the same vein. Only problem again is no footrest and also they tend to fold up on you when you're trying to get yourself into position. I use a bungee to hold it open when playing/closed when transporting, and a trip to the bike shop or hardware store should yield a solution for the footrest.

Of course this one is ready to go and only a few dollars more, but of course heavier and less portable.

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

36"- 40" high, with foot rest, would be optimum for me. My stool is already around 30" high.

12. jdepriest

jdepriest

Sep 20, 2005
    Waynesburg, Pa