1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

strap attachment location

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by ampeg2, Apr 14, 2006.

1. strap attachment location question. Where do you locate the back attachment point so the bass doesn't nose dive? I just purchased a yamaha that needs a change .

2. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    I moved the back strap location on my Schecter 5 string 3/4" up. It helped only slightly and now I have to look at the unused hole. I bought a really good strap and that seemed to help more than anything.

3. I've found the closer the strap is to the 12th fret the better the balance. I've put these on a couple of basses:

Bass Balancer

No affiliation, just recommending.

4. thank you guys, I really like my bb1000ma sound ,but hate the way it fits me. I think my mtd heir spoiled me ,it hangs perfect .

5. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    I found this a few years ago. The guy swears to a great improvement. IMO, I would try this long before I put in an extended strap knob. Pins sticking out from things where people should be scares me - they hurt! Anyway: the pic:

Attached Files:

6. Dunno... that looks like a bad idea! think of the pressure thats going to be loading your basses upper horn with (due to the lever effect) i GAURANTEE your bass body would become cleft open at the horn!

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Hey thanks for the pic! I was just wondering where I'd seen an example of two strap buttons and this is it!:)

That bass balancer really looks like bad news, but evidently it worked for him.

Especially for my girlfriend I always look to see how close the front button lines up with the 12th fret.