1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

strap attchment location

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ampeg2, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Hello, I need to change the rear strap attachment location..reason my new yamaha wants to nose dive to hell. any suggestions guy?

2. not sure how much luck you'll have with moving the rear button, but you might try the following:

use a quality 4" wide strap as it will help stabilized the weight and minimize neck dive.

try to extend the length of the front button, maybe with a 1/2" spacer of the same size as the diameter of the button. put it between the button and bass, thereby moving the front button closer to the 12'th fret.

try putting a few self adhering wheel weights on the inside of the control cavity or on the inside of the control cavity cover.

good luck.

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    You may consider adding a second one rather than leaving a hole.

At least a couple manufacturers are now putting the rear strap button higher up to help keep the headstock up and at least one (can't think of which company) is putting on two of them so you have a choice.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I move the strap pins on basses so that they balance correctly on me. Experiment with some duct/gaffer tape breifly to find the correct points for the new pins before you drill, but beware of your finish and that the tape won't hold long, so be ready to 'catch' your bass.