1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Straps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Pauler1976, May 19, 2011.

1. When selecting a new strap, what do you base it on? Match your Axe? Match your personality? Comfort only? I seem to always check out a players guitar strap when I watch live shows.

2. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    My priorities are comfort first, then appearance. The strap I use 98% of the time is 4" wide, padded, thick but soft glove leather with nice stitching. Just black with red stitching, no fancy pattern. Straps like that don't cost $9.99.

3. Levy's > cloth > black(ish) > on sale

4. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
  5. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Comfort strapp pro bass - great strap , comfy , looks cool IMO

6. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Comfort, then color. I have natural one for my P with the Maple FB and a black one for the one with Rosewood FBs. Nice wide Italias.

7. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Anthology Gear Wear. I have two of their straps. Super comfortable. Look cool. And will survive a nuclear war alongside the cockroaches and twinkies. They are not cheap though. Luckily, my wife just hands me cash for most b-days.

8. Youngbrett

Youngbrett

Mar 3, 2011
    Make sure it will stay on, comfort, style

9. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Comfort I can get around, I've added padding to straps before. My main basses are a natural swamp ash Tobias and a stealth black j style, so pretty much anything will match them. So I look for something that will match my stage clothes, which usually is a black, gray or white shirt and jeans. Right now I'm rocking the black leather Levy's strap with the red and white card suits. Right after I got it I saw a pic of Lemmy with the same strap.

10. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    my favorite and only strap that is not duct taped together is black/ white checkered. looks good with any instrument other than sunburst acoustics for some reason. comfort isnt a huge deal for me, i'm focused on the music too much to really feel sore while playing and my instruments are all pretty light except my schecter.

11. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Has to work for comfort, color compatible with the bass, not too corny and not too dull style, and not too expensive. I go through whole racks of straps without finding any to fit the bill.

12. Thanks for the cool responses. It seems comfort is king and then good looks come in a close second. Think I should have opened a poll for this.

13. Buxtehude

Buxtehude

Jan 5, 2011
    Sydney
    Wide brown leather strap that is comfy and also matches the wood on my Warwick Thumb. Comfort and style.

14. SMILEYSIXX

SMILEYSIXX

Dec 29, 2009
    I have a no name 2" wide leather strap. I couldn't care less about names or anything like that, it's comfortable and that's all that concerns me.

15. fretno

fretno

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
  16. fretno

fretno

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    soulstrapsb11.

soulstrapsb1.

17. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Love the Comfort Strapp line. I have one that's really old (probably 10 years or more) and recently bought one as a replacement/backup and noticed that the leather on the ends doesn't seem to be the same quality of the old one. Anyone else run into that?

18. Col Pruse

Col Pruse Supporting Member

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    Fretno, are those the guitar or bass versions of those straps? THe bass ones look to have a thinner design on the site.