1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String-Bass synergy

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Michael Jay, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Michael Jay

Michael Jay

Oct 17, 2016
    Finland
    I´m sure many of you have searched the internet for recommendations for great strings - I know I have. Still too many times people recommend something they promise has the tighest/brighest/what ever sound and when you go buy a set and put them on your bass it sounds nothing like described. Maby you also have counted on the old trusty 66´s on your p-bass and decide to try them on your warwick. Suddenly those won´t sound that good..

Before everyone loses it, I know you have your own preferences when it comes to strings and tone so keep that in mind.

So to the topic itself. I have had few p-basses and always enjoyed rotosound 66 steels with them. However, they did not bring me joy with any other bass I have had, especially with any neck-thru. I have found my most recent - warwcik rb streamer nt - to be especially picky with strings. I have tried rotos, EBs, DRs, warwicks and yet have not found one to settle with.

So the long waited question and topic for conversation: Have you found some great synergy with specific bass and string set? Have you had trouble finding a set to go with specific bass?