string endorsement?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ftroopy, Nov 21, 2003.

1. ftroopy

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    Hey anyone here knows how to get string endorsements? Currently I'm endorsed by Schecter and they're endorsing us basically because of this Rock musical we're in. But i'm looking to try to get string endorsements as well. Any one here been endorsed? or knows how to go about it?

Thanks all!!
  2. You need to beable to show the company that you use their strings exclusively.

I have recorded and had 3 songs go #1 in europe and I was able to get an endorsement from the records sales!

I also printed my string use on the CD cover.

Best of luck to you!

3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Most personal string endorsements are acquired through management or attorneys or record labels. Unless you are widely recognizable on your own as a bassist, approaching string companies on your own is pretty unlikely to reap a positive result.

Who at the musical got the Schecter deal? Ask them to look into a string endorsement for the musical in the same way.
  4. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    I had a buddy that got an endorsement because he led worship - our church has about 300 - 400 per service. He got big tubes of strings from some major company for it.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i got a bass deal by just emailing the artist relations guy, sending a press kit, and calling him back when he wanted me to. easy as that.
  6. extreme

Mar 20, 2000

Wow...3 #1 songs? Were they all with the same group? Can we get some song titles so we can all groove to your playing? Very cool!

Did you get to "write" the bass parts yourself or what sorta charts were you given?
  7. I sent you a PM.

8. extreme

Mar 20, 2000

Were the #1's all with Jeff Larson or were they with different projects?