1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stringjoy Nickel Wound Bass Guitar Strings? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dagrev, Sep 10, 2019.

1. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I'm liking some Round Core Boomers on a recent bass and ran across Stringjoy. They sound like a good string but there's not much on them. (At $30 I would like a little more info if possible.) I've searched and there are a few brief comments from a while back and was wondering if any others had them and could describe them a little? Possibly indicating what other strings they sound similar to might help as well.
    Thanks!

2. They hit me on Facebook with a lot of adds last year. They are out of Nashville I believe. I liked the idea of found cores. While I am happy with what I am using but may give them a try. The owner worked for another brand before he struck out on his own. I am sure there are some reviews on The net somewhere.

3. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks. Yes, out of Nashville. Being such a small company, I couldn't find much on the bass strings. Mostly incidental comments, but will keep looking around.

4. Stringjoy...the final frontier... Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to boldly go where not many have gone before, Capt'n. ;)

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Ride boldly, ride!

Indeed. They do sound interesting and my obsession makes me wonder and want to know what they sound like. I've got to get off the interwebs...:D

6. Geri O

Geri O Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    I tried them. Took them off after 10 minutes.

I’m not sure it was because they are bad strings. It’s probably more that in my old age, I just like what I like and I can’t see taking days to get used to another string. They felt and sounded quite different. Which is the point, right? Except that I didn’t find them to be an improvement.

In spite of this, I believe the Stringjoys are worth a try.

7. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the reply. I bought a set, figuring that was the only way to satisfy my curiosity. Should be here Saturday. We'll see. Won't be the first string I bought and used a couple times and put in the drawer. I've got a brand new set of GHS progressives I ought to list for sale now.

Geri O likes this.