Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings with a small ball end

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by grahambo420, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I'm trying to find strings to fit an older bass I found, the issue is that the ball end of normal bass strings doesn't fit into the bridge. Is there anyone out there that makes strings with smaller balls? Or am i going to be stuck trying to come up with a homemade solution? Thanks

2. Sorry- couldn't(wouldn't)help myself...
    :rollno:
    Seriously, I used Ernie Ball strings(from juststrings.com)for a short-scale bass I made, & I noticed they had, er.. um..

..smaller balls. :(

I think these strings are intended for the Fender Bass VI or other 'baritone' guitars. What's the scale of your bass?

3. I just pulled a set of strings off of my DiPinto Belvedere std. bass and it had small balls. Full-size balls fit into the tailpiece fine, but smaller ones would be easier. These strings have a red cloth wrapping on both ends of the strings.

I believe these strings were factory, but am not 100% sure. I was told that you can order strings directly from DiPinto for $18/set ( i think price is right, can't remember for sure though) -- not too bad & it might be exactly what you are looking for. Shoot them an email, they will get back to you.

http://www.dipintoguitars.com/

4. thanks for the help so far, i sent belvedere an e-mail, nothing back yet, the scale of the bass is 30, it's pretty short, and the name on the headstock is delta, i don't know if that makes any difference, i'll post a picture of it as soon as i can