1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strings with a small ball end

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by grahambo420, Dec 20, 2005.

1. I'm trying to find strings to fit an older bass I found, the issue is that the ball end of normal bass strings doesn't fit into the bridge. Is there anyone out there that makes strings with smaller balls? Or am i going to be stuck trying to come up with a homemade solution? Thanks

2. Sorry- couldn't(wouldn't)help myself...
    :rollno:
    Seriously, I used Ernie Ball strings(from juststrings.com)for a short-scale bass I made, & I noticed they had, er.. um..

..smaller balls. :(

I think these strings are intended for the Fender Bass VI or other 'baritone' guitars. What's the scale of your bass?

3. I just pulled a set of strings off of my DiPinto Belvedere std. bass and it had small balls. Full-size balls fit into the tailpiece fine, but smaller ones would be easier. These strings have a red cloth wrapping on both ends of the strings.

I believe these strings were factory, but am not 100% sure. I was told that you can order strings directly from DiPinto for $18/set ( i think price is right, can't remember for sure though) -- not too bad & it might be exactly what you are looking for. Shoot them an email, they will get back to you.

http://www.dipintoguitars.com/

4. thanks for the help so far, i sent belvedere an e-mail, nothing back yet, the scale of the bass is 30, it's pretty short, and the name on the headstock is delta, i don't know if that makes any difference, i'll post a picture of it as soon as i can