Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stu hamm moonlight sonata video

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by clanner, Jun 7, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    does anyone have a clip of mr. hamm playing moonlight sonata? or an instuctional video I could find? thank you.

2. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    You can see him play part of it on his solo on Satriani's Live in San Francisco DVD and also he plays a bit of it on his first instructional video Slap, Tap & Pop, but that is hard to find nowadays.

3. Yes.....he does it on the first instructional vid. I finally just got the second one as well & plan on putting the 2 on DVD.....I hate tapes....wish Hot Licks would get with the program.

4. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    I run CountZero - Stu's official unofficial site (http://www.stuarthamm.net/ ) so I'm in contact with him a lot.

The deal at Hot Licks is management keeps changing, but he said they are working on converting their old best sellers (which his are) to DVD. But this has been going on for a very long time.

I converted my copies for personal use (Read: don't ask me for a copy)

We also have tabs for a lot of stu's stuff on the site.

5. Yup......been there.....loved the audio clips.
    I got the second Stu Hot Licks tape in the mail today & was happy to see he plays a green Urge I like I have...very cool.
    I'm in the process of doing the conversion myself. I hate VHS tapes nowadays.
    Stu Rocks! :bassist:

6. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    I've also found it handy to leave a lower res version of the conversion on your computer so then it is trivial to highlight a section of it and loop play (like an exercise).

and no it isn't your tape - it seems the audio on all the deeper insider the bass's is poor.

7. check your private messages