Request Stuck In The Middle by Jeff Healey

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Hounddog409, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    Any help here? I cannot even find chord chart for this version of the classic Stealer's Wheel tune. And the songs on youtube are hard for me to pick up bass.....

Chord charts, tabs, what have will be much appreciated

2. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You (Bass)
    Ultimate Guitar. Surprised you hadn't looked there. There isn't one for the Jeff Healey version, this is the Stealers Wheel version. It should be close enough.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    D. Then G Then A. Then C

woodyng2 likes this.
  4. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Pretty much listen to it closely, the bass line kinda rolls over and over with down beats on 1 and 2, just like...dat datttt, ra-da-da-da—.

5. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    Thanks, saw that....I was trying to determine if Jeff played it in the same key.

6. EarnestTBass

EarnestTBass

Feb 3, 2015
  7. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio

thanks all...did find that Jeff plays this in C. so C F C G.

will start with the playing the Stealers version in C and see what I come up with. I will post what I do, just so its out there.

8. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    One of my bands started playing the JH version of this song,which I hadn’t heard before.
    The beat/bassline is a little less “rolling” than the SW version,so i had to listen to the remake to pick up the (slighly) different rhythmic flavor. It is a fun little song to play.

9. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Jeff Healy plays it in C. I don't know about any other versions. That's the one I do.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021