Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sub-catagories

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Reptillian_Bass, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Reptillian_Bass

Reptillian_Bass

Sep 5, 2004
    My Room
    Hey folks, great place you got going here. Alright, here's what I'm thinking...How about some more sub-catagories. I don't know about the other catagories, but in the basses section, some one could post a beautiful, new thread, but in naught but a few hours, poof, its lost. Gone to the second page, never to be seen again. How about adding sub catagories,especially under basses. You could have a catagorie for a few of the name brands, then one for other. You could another one entirely dedicated to "Is this better then that", and such like. Anyway, this would help people who need answers, and people who are intested in checking up on a certain subject. No more sorting through threads that are of no interest. No more loss of perfectly good threads that have been banned to the second page. Anyway, thats just what I was thinking. Later all.

2. Reptillian_Bass

Reptillian_Bass

Sep 5, 2004
    My Room
    Well, I thought it was a good idea...

3. stubbs

stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    Lol, i came into this section about to do exactly what you stated. The Basses forums dearly need subcategories i.e. Fender, Peavey, Yamaha, Custom Luthier etc etc. And yes that is really annoying how threads dissapear in a matter of hours, or worse, when no one replies for days. :confused: Lets hope a mod or admin sees this! thanks.

4. maybe there should be
    4 string
    5 string
    6 string
    other

i think there'll be too many sub cat's if you put it by brand...theres easily 100+ brands that are mentioned...plus you'll always have people whinging that theirs wasnt added

5. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    A good search tip is just going through the "get new posts" link, or whatever it's called. I never see the actual forum pages anymore. Makes browsing the forums a little easier.