1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sub

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by YL_Bass, Apr 14, 2010.

1. YL_Bass

YL_Bass

Dec 3, 2009
    Langley, BC
    Hey guys, I was interested in getting a kind of 'sub' feel to my playing as I play live bass in a band thats heavily inspired by electronic dance music.

I was thinking about something like this,

http://www.bagend.com/bagend/s18e-d.htm

I am currently using a 400+ through a bagend Q10XD.

I'm not set on getting just bagend by any means though.

Maybe sidechaining live would help too but I have no idea how to set that up....

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Sidechaining? I think you're using the wrong term. A sidechain circuit is part of a compressor.

But most times a sub is difficult to control indoors.

3. YL_Bass

YL_Bass

Dec 3, 2009
    Langley, BC
    Ducking?

I mean where the kick controls the amount of compression overall....

I always thought that was sidechaining....

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    the kick forces its way through the mix over the bass when sidechaining. not hard but best done at the board. and you need a compressor with a sidechain feature.

before you go looking for 18"s, you should know that size of speaker has zip to do with low end response. many 410's go as low as lower than a 118 and go way louder.

to me, it sounds like you want an ampeg 410hlf.

5. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Yes, you're right. It was just that your comment was pretty vague, so it didn't make much sense as it was.