1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suddenly unexpectedly laid off club..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by D.Don, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Friday last week, received a very unexpected e-mail, now I got no job...

Worst part is that I am part owner of the company (not majority though), and my business partners that are in majority has decided to cut me out...

Nice!

Good thing is that we just some months ago moved to a less expensive (but bigger) flat in a smaller town where everything is cheaper, bad thing is that here is less work, and my woman still haven't found a job after two months here...

As the wise peeps say, never trust anyone but yourself...

D.Don

2. That sucks, man. When you say they cut you out, did they at least pay you for your share?

I'm sure you and your missus will get work soon. Keep at it!

3. Still got my shares, so in the long run, hopefully I'll be having a nice little extra income to look forward to unless they **** the company.

Yeah, I got a great network, work in communications, and there seems to be lots of peeps in my network who are interested in different ways here now, so I think that in the end this will become a really good thing, and my lady may have found a job today, we don't know yet, but she had a meeting and it was very positive!

Cheers!

D.Don

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hit the ground running bro, don't get too comfortable with all the time off. :)

5. Thanks!

Nah, I am more or less spending my days working with finding new projects and ideas for new projects, the only way for me to go, I can't sit still, I get really restless if I do...

;)

D.Don

6. They notified you via email? That was rather chicken-****, wasn't it?

7. Don't even go there... and a friday eve...

My woman was furios, if the main owner had been around here (we know/knew him, as a friend too), she would have sought him up and slapped him!

D.Don

8. Well had he been there there would be no need for slapping but I get your point. Though I think slapping would be a mild gesture.

Good luck to you.

9. hehe!

Cheers!!

D.Don

10. Me now laughing ...

Got hired by one of the competitors, better company, better products, amazing team AND doubled my salary.

My ol'lady found a job too, a good one and they want to train her to become manager... So next month when paychecks starts to rain we will throw a party, anyone comin?

:D

Thanks for being around guys, TB is lovely!!

Cheers!
    D.Don

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Congrats. So you work for one company and are a part owner in the other?

That sounds like it could be very profitable.

12. Congrats! Isn't it funny how things work?

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Congrats dude, seems karma is in full effect.

14. Well, I have no insight at all in the daily work of the company I was working for before, so there will be no loyalty conflicts there. Apart from that, I am quite pissed at my old colleagues so if I see any sign of openings to sell them shares in the future, I am totally up for it, even if they become very profitable, they will sure as **** see too that there's no profit left to share at the end of the year as now I know where they stand, better late than never...

D.Don

15. I hear ya!

Thanks!

D.Don

16. Thanks!

I totally go for the karma theory here too!

Cheers!
    D.Don

17. Sorry about all that, man. But this thread title is all kinds of depressing. You should consider amending it to "The suddenly left with LOTS of free time" club :D. It has a happier ring to it :p

18. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    ^^^ Depressing ? The guy found a new job that has better pay at the competitors ! You need to read the whole thread ;)

19. Cheers, but KOR m8!

hehe!

;)

D.Don

20. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    That's awesome!! Congrats. :bassist: