1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

suggestion for new forum section: TRADES ONLY

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by phatbassplayer, Jan 15, 2012.

1. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    you should create a section for trades.. no money just straight up trades... in todays ecconomy trade and barter are sometimes the only avenue for some us to secure new gear :bassist: just a suggestion..

2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Just list what you have to trade and what you want to trade for in the current section. If you have something to trade, then you have something to sell. Sell it, use that cash to buy what you want. Much easier than trying to find the exact barter of someone wanting exactly what you have and trading for exactly what you want. In my 60 or so transactions, that's only happened once.

Just an opinion...

3. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    Just a section for trading for non-supporting members is what I mean.

4. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Ah, for non-supporting members. I don't see that happening. That would cut into talkbass.com revenue so.....

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    20 BUCKS A YEAR. 1.65 per month. 5 cents per day. That's what a base supporting membership costs and worth every dime if you buy and sell on here because 99.9999% of the buyers and sellers are better than anything on eBay or Craigslist.

Just my .02. Which is free :D

6. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    I agree 100% if you sell... and buy, but I was talking about NON cash transactions where people in your respective area can hash out a fair trade only.. but even that could be abused I see.. wouldn't want to cut into TB's revenue or the revenue of those selling & buying.. I have been on TB for a while now and other than buying & selling, I am glad this forum is free at least.. I have met some wonderful people and a treasure trove of knowledge :)