Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggestions for my setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have been using an Art LeVelar as a preamp into a Behringer head (Avatar B210) with a BBE411 Maximizer run in the effects loop. I have a Sansamp BDDI coming in today and was wondering what would be the best scenario for my setup? I was considering running my bass into the ART, into the Sansamp, into the BBE all in the effects loop. Your thoughts?

2. Sidecar666

Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    What are you using the Sansamp for? a direct box? Does your Behringer have a direct out on the back for PA use?

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I could use the Sansamp, the ART, or the amp's XLR out. Just got the sansamp to bypass the amp's preamp.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    have you thought about getting a power amp?? I run my RBI into a stewart 1.2 and it sounds great. a stewart new is about $650. 1200w into 4ohms mono or 700into 8ohms, 200 into 4ohms stereo per channel.

maybe sell some of your other stuff to finance??

oh, soorrry saw it was a bddi, may not be enought juice to supply a head.

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I was wondering if my BDDI running into my Art Levelar mic preamp would push a power amp?

6. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Be sure to check out the EBS gear.

I can highly recommend it.