Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summer Roundup...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Sep 16, 2005.

1. so, how did everybody do this summer?? this was my first summer loaded with touring (i actually was able to quit my job at 30 and play....BBBOOOOYEEAAHHHH!!!!).... we hit most of Cali, Some in Utah and Colorado. it was fantastic. so, i got 2 questions....

1. what was your favorite city/club?

2. what was your favorite gig??

ANSWERS

1. here's mine... Being in Truckee, Ca mid-june with a snowstorm.. comedy!! they called it June-uary! the bar was the Pastime Club, and Al Capone actually drank there during prohibition!!! we packed 200 into a bar made for 60. everyone there was WAY cool and we love Ty for the 5:00 am jam!! thanks man!!!

2. fav gig was the end of summer local show at 4th and B here in SD. over 1100 people and not one fight... here's some pics, http://www.bandvibe.com/abdpicturegallery.asp?cityid=4&eventid=123&city=San Diego
    we are called "Thicker Than Thieves", our banner is up behind us in our pics.. i'm in the hat with the black & white Am. Jazz V....

how did you guys do??? :p