Sunday TB Classifieds

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hop Jam, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Hop Jam

Hop Jam

Feb 16, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    To my fellow Olds:
    Remember back in the newsprint day when the Sunday classifieds were the best of the week? Anyone else notice it’s the same way on TB? It is one of the pleasures of the week to see the surge of quality gear go on the block. Great marketplace experience, albeit without the stench and contraband of the truly old school marketplaces.

2. I preferred the Comics section.

3. FryFunk

FryFunk

May 31, 2022
    London Ontario
    My impression with talk bass is the majority of people here treat music like it's a industry and an art form distant distant 2nd.

The obsession with gear only strengthens that narrative.

4. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    As a former pre-teen paperboy, do I ever remember Wednesdays being horrible. I had to insert all the flyers before delivery. Saturday papers were by far the thickest. The Sunday paper was thin by comparison.

Content wise, I preferred the Saturday paper - we got the TV listings and the newsmagazine of the day with true crime stories by Max Haines.

5. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    Northern KY
    Cab fan, hobbyist
    Sunday is cleaning day for lots of folks. Makes sense to me that listings uptick a bit on Sunday. It's also a day that many people have free time to browse; so logically it makes sense to wait until Sunday to list an item so it will be on the first page when there is higher viewer count.

6. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Love My Dogs
    Thats TB everyday...:roflmao:

gln1955 and S-Bigbottom like this.