1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SUNN 2x15 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jchan75, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jchan75

jchan75

Aug 11, 2013
    I'm currently playing an Acoustic B200 head through the matching 4x10 cabinet. My friend wants me to indefinitely borrow his original Sunn 2x15 cabinet - he can't play anymore due to tinnitus. I'm wary of using up all 4 ohms my amp can handle on the bulky beast and not having the high end definition I enjoy with the 4 10's. I have an Eden head that needs to be refurbed and I think the Sunn plus a 4x10 will work with that. Any opinions? Btw, I'm playing a Fender Blacktop P-bass (passive).

2. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    Nothing to fear. If the cabs free try it! Its probably loaded with jbl speakers that r very efficient so don't clobber them with power. Totally not needed But these r great speakers You will be surprised.

3. Borrow it and try it. I would love to have one. I am certain the 215 and 410 together on the same amp will do you no good and probably not sound as good as either by themselves.

4. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It really depends on what 2x15 cab your talking about. I have a 200s cab that has mids/highs for days.

5. My Sunn 2x15 was loaded with the more common Sunn-labelled transducers, those drivers were not very good IMHO.

6. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    I got more highs from my 2x15 rig than my 8x10 rig. Don't assume because it has 15s it will be muddy and be bass oriented.

7. MrPierre

MrPierre

Oct 22, 2012
    I have a Sunn 2x15 with JLB 140F in it.

Compared to my Ampeg HE410, it has less bass and more mids (it still has enough bass to sound awesome with a B string) and it sound amazing on both bass and guitar.

Try it.

8. Which Sunn 2x15? They made quite a few different ones. If it's a 200S or 2000S, it won't be lack in highs at all, really.

9. Hey, if you don't want it i'll gladly take it.